Stat

Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Gun Loving Community - Just some random thoughts.

As I sat in the airport Sunday night awaiting my departure time to Albuquerque, NM.  I watched people walk on by, noticed a mother and her daughter (the daughter looked to be in her early 50’s) sitting there, the daughter leaning on the mother.  It was cute to see that they had what looked like a close relationship.  What disturbed me a little and got me on my thoughts about the people I have met through shooting and my love of guns, either in person or via blogs was that the way the mother and daughter looked suspiciously at everyone, including me and how a lot of people seemed do that.  Some of the people walking about I could tell they were at least into hunting or guns in some form; they didn’t seem to be suspicious or scared about other people. 

I’ve noticed it seems through the gun loving community that the people seem to be the nicest people and maybe it’s because they don’t have to worry about weird people because they know they can protect themselves if need be.  Who knows about the true mentality that goes on, this is only my own speculations and theories.  I know for myself I don’t feel the need to be scared or leery of people, especially when I’m carrying.  Granted I know there are some nuts who have gone on shooting rampages but I didn’t know those people, maybe they weren’t the type that respected guns the way the people I know personally do, I don’t really consider the mass shooters as a part of the gun community but that’s my opinion so because of this opinion I see that most the people in the gun community are just good natured people with good hearts.


Since starting this blog, it has introduced me to some really wonderful supportive people, they have encouraged me, offered advice, support and suggestions on this path of mine and I so greatly appreciate every single person who has taken the time to comment on my posts.  (13.1)




2 comments:

  1. I think that people (especially "victims") don't understand the difference between being situationally aware and being suspicious. Because I pay attention to situational awareness, I don't have to be suspicious.

    I definitely think you're on the right track with the confidence thing, too. You don't have to be afraid of some stranger because you know you have the means (situational awareness and a gun) to either AVOID bad situations or level the playing field if you can't avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same, I'm more focused on situational awareness than I'm being suspicious and maybe that does make all the difference in how you carry yourself around others.

    My friends and family have all remarked about how different I am since getting into shooting pistols, I've noticed once they pointed it out as well.

    ReplyDelete