Stat

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Thank You for Open Carrying


Over the weekend I was at a gas station filling up my car when a man walked past open carrying.  I should have gone up and thanked the man for exercising his right to carry.  Where I live, just fifteen minutes south of that suburb, we are not allowed to open carry.  I think maybe everyone who can open carry should open carry, maybe if guns weren’t kept in the closet and made to be more of a taboo that maybe people wouldn’t be so uncomfortable about them.

My mom works for a major retailer in a small town where there is open carry, keep in my mind half my family is against guns, and she was complaining to me how it makes her feel uncomfortable when this one man comes in with his gun on his hip, etc.  I told her, you know you should be more worried about someone behaving suspiciously and hiding their gun over someone who is openly carrying it, it’s there in plain sight, everyone knows it’s there and you can watch them if you feel that uncomfortable about it or exit the area.  

I still haven’t told my anti-gun portion of my family of my level of involvement with them, they know I go shooting on a regular basis but I think that’s about all and for right now, I’m okay with that but I know someday I’m going to have to fess up to things and I guess I’m just waiting for the right moment to do so.  (14.5)

8.5 more days, please hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment