Stat

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Crime & Drugs

I was reading The Spot, which is one of my daily readings and this article was posted Crime and Drugs yesterday (I'm just now getting to reading it).

It got me to thinking about the last time I was actually down in that area, I typically avoid it because of the parking and the bad elements that reside down there.  The last time I was actually walking in that area was the day I had my sister drop me off at the Sheriff's Department to apply for my CCW.  After I left there I couldn't get my app on my phone to figure a bus route home (Parking is hard to find and usually expensive so I had thought it would be better to be dropped off and just take the bus home).  Unfortunately the app wasn't working to great and I figured I would just walk the few blocks over to Civic Center Park because it is a major bus hub.  Walking over there my only thoughts were how I wish I had my CCW already, I would have felt a lot safer.  I had to walk by a ton of very sketchy people sizing me up and its broad daylight, they have no fear of that and yes a lot of shootings do happen down there.

At any rate, it got me to thinking, I wonder how one really cleans up a park like this, and I understand it is something that takes time and probably a lot of trial and error.  When I lived in Colorado Springs, Acacia Park was the vagrant, drug using, criminal hang out and I know after some time they had cleaned it up considerably but I don't know what all was done to make that happen.

So I guess I was just kind of  curious as to what other people's ideas might be in regards to this situation, if maybe in your areas you had a park with these same issues and if it had or had not change or even got worse.






No comments:

Post a Comment