Stat

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Time to Write

It’s been a few months since I have written; once again so today I’m just going to ramble about the last few months so this doesn’t become an abandoned journal.

Last I wrote it was in regards to conceal carrying.  I’m still trying to find a comfortable way to carry when it comes to wearing pants.  I’m finding that I am liking the belly band that S from Gun Divas sent me, I had to make some modifications to it, I wanted it to be more in the shape of my gun over just a pouch.  I’ve even recommended and referred my coworker to the site that sold them, they didn’t have that exact one, actually what they had was a lot better and my coworker is very pleased with the one he purchased.  I like the fact that it’s comfortable and conceals nicely.  It’s so comfortable that I wore it to a movie theater (yes, this one is not a “no guns” theater) and didn’t even notice it pressing into my back.

My AR that I bought last year, I decided to put a taller scope mount on it and this weekend I got that sited in with the help of the person I’m seeing, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I also decided to spoil myself with a new gun, Ruger left hand bolt action .308 rifle, I’m in love.  The recoil was a lot less than I had expected and experienced before with .308 calipers so I was very surprised and please.  My next goal is to take a hunter’s safety class and maybe get my cousin to take me out hunting, I’ve never done it before and I’m curious as to what that is like (with warnings to my cousin that I might ball like a baby if I actually kill something).  I’ve decided that I am not going to purchase any more guns until I bite the bullet and buy a safe, it’s time I’ve accumulated six guns now so it’s time.

Shooting this weekend went okay considering I had eye surgery a week and a half ago so my vision isn’t quite up to what it should be; actually it’s nowhere near to where it should be.  I know once it comes into what it should be I will get the Ruger Sited right, it has iron sites.








No comments:

Post a Comment